I Want To Be...

I try to manage my money as best as I can, though it doesn't always work out. I love delivery food - especially when it's Order Up. I have subscriptions to three sites for TV shows and movies to watch: Netflix, YouTube Red, and PureFlix. PureFlix, I absolutely love.

I actually made a deal with myself. If I don't watch a certain amount of time on PureFlix, I cancel my subscription. I happened to discover PureFlix as an ad on my Facebook profile. It was "The Encounter," a great movie. I was like, "Okay, I'll try to find a link that's not PureFlix and watch the film. If it's decent, I'll subscribe." I found out that not only was it fairly decent with two really nice celebrities, The Encounter had a sequel and its own TV show. (By the way, the celebrities are Jaci Valesquez the Christian singer and Sting the wrestler.)

I was hooked. For a while, I actually believed PureFlix was a Christian film/TV show website. It's not entirely true. It's more of inspiration, belief, and faith - no matter what it's in. Well, tonight, Facebook presented a trailer ad for Apple Mortgage Pie, although it should've been Apple Mortgage Cake. It's based on a true story of Angela Logan. The movie is amazing. The end of it purely surprised me, even if I did see it coming. I cried. Seriously, I cried.

Later on, while I prepped for doing laundry, I realized something. What Angela Logan did and is still doing - that's what I want, seriously. I don't care about the fame or the money, and neither did she. She was fully swamped with her community, her baking and volunteering that she ended up to her ears in mortgage debt and construction hazards. In the end, that good karma came back to her and tripled it.

She stayed true to her heart by being caring, compassionate, thoughtful, helpful and independent. Her stubbornness helped her to not think of herself, not even for a second. She refused to be a charity case, though she did try at least once or twice. It all worked out in the end. She became famous and collaborated with a great business. She's influential and inspirational.

That's what I want to be. Like I said, I don't care about the fame or money. What I've always wanted was to be looked up to and inspire others to be themselves and follow their dreams. Be a butterfly and make ripples, not waves. All I've done these past few years is think about myself and how to take care of myself.

I forgot how to think about others instead of myself. I'm not in the community, at least not in the helpful way. I keep asking for help instead of the other way around. I've forgotten how to be more kind than usual.

What do I do?


P.S. For those of you who would like to check out PureFlix, please use Allison D'Agostino as a reference. I recently received an email saying both of us get something out of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Blog Hop