Go Team Missouri! (Special Olympics USA Games 2018)

     I know it's been a long time since I have written a legit blog, let alone a video update from one of my YouTube channels. (I actually found out I could schedule the videos on my gaming channel, Rabbit FunWorld, unable to post a blog via the scheduled uploads.) And I do happen to have a legitimate reason.

     During August or September, my mom and I did a road trip to Connecticut, New York, and then St. Louis. My second sister's second travel for her travel nursing position chose a quaint city on the east coast, coincidentally near the ocean. (I managed to swim in the Atlantic Ocean for at least half an hour, almost got used to the cold water, and swam like a mermaid. Mermaid dream almost complete!)

     Before the road trip, I found out from the central PR team of Special Olympics Missouri that a position opened up. And it's for an athlete only. YES! I applied immediately, despite the fact I might have to do an interview during the road trip.

     There were two rounds of the application process. I managed to get through both. Seeing as I knew some of the people in this interview, which happened the day I returned from the trip, I had a good feeling about it. (I did, however, learn that one of my athlete friends applied as well.) I don't remember all the details, but I believe that towards the end of the interview, I was asked how I would feel of taking the position. Basically, they were saying, "Congratulations. You have the job."

     I don't mean to brag, but... SUCK IT, SOMO FRIENDS! I got the job! 😄 Ever since then, I've been assigned a few things to do. I made sure to step up when it seemed like the PR team needed help. A family meeting occurred for all the athletes, coaches, Unified Partners, and staff that made it to Team Missouri for the USA Games 2018. Not only did I help the PR team with whatever they needed, I also had to attend a few things required for athletes. The same thing happened last week when we had a training weekend.

     I still hesitate at times, on whether I should be doing something, or confused, or even just speaking my thoughts. I guess I still have some of that shyness when I first entered Special Olympics a little over ten years ago. At least I'm being brave in the attempt of this difficult, overwhelming, amazing position. I somewhat look forward to all the other challenges ahead. Since I am the first athlete to do this, either in Missouri or USA, I intend to make the first footsteps for those to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog