Inside and Out of Your Disability

Wow, I cannot believe how long it's been since I posted a regular blog, and not one about my gaming channel. Haha! The sad thing is - I never gave a full recap when my prof responded to my capstone project.

First off, I want to thank everyone involved. Not just Anna McDaniel and her sister, but also Matt Rapp, Coach Chris Klepfel, CATV, HyVee, Lazer Lanes, University of Missouri (for the Stankowski Field,) as well as the VA hospital. Without them, the documentary would not be such a success. 


Now, let's talk about what happened when my professor finally responded. He definitely made a BUNCH of notes on what could've been done, what needed revising/fixing, and how I as a director should know what to cut out. He even said that it should be cut into separate videos, so the storyboard of it all makes sense.

I understand that documentaries have different time lengths. Shoot, he's done plenty on SOMO's YouTube channel. I also understand that not all people can watch 30 minute videos. Heck, the average watch span on almost the entire YouTube site is probably 3 minutes, and I'm just assuming here.

I didn't want it in separate videos, though. As a potential director, and from memory of all the documentaries I've seen, I wanted to put my point across in one video. That someone with a disability can achieve anything. I'm sure you could make that point in multiple videos, but would you remember to watch the next video after such a long break?

Oh, and don't worry. My professor didn't give all negative comments. He also pointed out some good things, which made the director side of me quite happy. I'm almost always proud of the work I've done - almost.

Oh, geez. I almost forgot. I passed! ^_^ I'll be in the graduation ceremony at the SOMO State Summer Games next year. Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog