The Realization of Villains and Criminals in Real Life

 As of February 2020, I stopped using the word “monster.” In fact, it’s not in my vocabulary anymore. This may seem weird to a lot of people, so let me explain.

Since high school, I’ve written many manuscripts, watched movies/shows, observed people, played video games, socialized, and learned so much from it all. I learned that everything is not what it seems. There’s more than one side to a story; a villain has reasons for doing the things they do. I wanted to understand everything in every angle, every aspect - even if it meant thinking like a villain.

This specific word was created because we were scared; we feared the unknown. We chose not to understand and run away. I have news for you. We always have a choice. There is always another path to take. Even if you think you have no other choice, there is an alternative. Go creative! Don’t let your villain win.

Also know that criminal, evil, and wrong-doing are included in this explanation. I am not only justifying the creation of “monster,” but pointing out that everything is neutral until it is in your hands.

For instance - Freddy Krueger. Almost everyone believes he is evil. In his mind, though, he doesn’t believe he is. He chose to go after dreams/nightmares for a reason. We immediately ran instead of getting to know him. How do we know he’s not sensitive, wants to be understood? We chose to defeat him instead of talking to him. In this situation, we are the bullies. Not him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog