What A Crazy Month!

What a crazy month April has been! About two months ago, Brandon had me transcribe 13 interviews. That took a lot of time on the days I worked on them. He gave a loose deadline, which helped, but I knew I couldn't put them off too long. I managed to finish them two weeks ago. It was nice timing too, because when he contacted me to finish them, I only had two interviews left and they were short enough to work on in two days.

In that same contact with him, he said he needed two Spotlight interviews edited and done for him before a certain date. That happened to be fortunate for me because I had forgotten about my monthly training at CATV. I managed to get both interviews done and sent on dropbox. What I forgot to do after finishing them was schedule the posts for those interviews on SOMO's Facebook page.

Fortunately, I scheduled a lesson with CATV for the following week to learn about the DSLR camera. That was a lot of fun. I've always wanted to learn more about digital cameras, especially ones with zoom lenses and touch screens. The manager, who's the only employee of CATV, even left me alone, so I could get some practice with the camera.

I am fortunate to be an athlete of SOMO in this case! He scheduled a time for me to check this piece outside of the studio next month - for a week. Sweet! I'll actually be able to get good footage for this Christmas present I'm working on. Anyway, after that lesson/class, I went ahead and scheduled the two Spotlight interviews in the correct order. Boo ya!

Because I'm done with the transcriptions and two Spotlight interviews, Brandon has assigned me new projects. I now have one major transcription project - one 37 minute video with four people: a family of three and the interviewer. I also need to work on a third-person narration story, which is something I'm not familiar with at all.

Since I'm not certain on what to do with the article/blog, I will be getting one-on-one suggestions from Brandon when I head to HQ this Thursday. My scheduled visits finally pan out, hehe. Fortunately, my deadline for this blog is May 25, so I have some time to work on it. I'm a fast learner, though. I wouldn't be surprised if I get it done in two weeks.

And I still haven't found a camera person for my capstone project. Oh, boy. I think I have an idea on how to fix that. It just needs some work.

What a crazy month May will be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog