A Great Start For The Competing Week

Today was quite the day, and probably the last relaxing day for me - as everything will be quick-paced and all over the place. Today, we had the Opening Ceremony for Special Olympics USA Games 2018.

This is the fiftieth anniversary of Special Olympics entirely. It wasn't surprising to have a short memorial of the woman who started it all. Eunice Kennedy Shriver, bless her soul, did her best and made the bravest move by creating Special Olympics. Fifty years later, the athletes, coaches, Unified Partners, volunteers, and staff members have grown in numbers, bravery, and humble.

In fact, several athletes I know are here. I make sure I sit by them as often as I can, since I most likely might not see them close up when they're competing. They have changed for the better. Seattle is in for a surprise when they meet Team Missouri - MO Magic.

At the ceremony, multiple celebrities were there, from WWE to Allen Stone, and even employees from the international or national Special Olympics. I'm impressed how many people talked. Heck, even one of our own coaches was on stage.

It turns out Bea Webb has been a coach for forty years, and a legal guardian to one of my SOMO TV friends Arthur Murphy. She mentioned a few things about him. The turning point of all this was when the speaker with her said there was a video for her and everyone to watch. It happened to be Arthur Murphy saying how grateful and proud he was of her. It definitely brought a few tears to my eyes.

The ceremony ended with our famous torch being lit by almost every speaker we saw today. It was a little difficult to find where they jogged, but thankfully there was a big screen for us to view them.

Oh, and I can't forget the music. That definitely made it more fun, as I used my blue-ribboned stick to my fellow friends. I sang and danced to pretty much all the songs that played. You can find who performed right here. I will never forget today's ceremony - or this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog