Healthy Athletes Is THE Place To Go

Special Olympics is not all about competing. With so many states, and so many countries, you'd be surprised how many people there are who have intelluctual disabilities. I'd say at least 15% of those people are an athlete in Special Olympics. And because they have disabilities, well, with public judgment, they most likely don't have enough money to pay for all their medical expenses, or even find out what troubles their physical ailments.

Special Olympics has something called Healthy Athletes. This event happens with every state, nationals, and possibly world competition. There are multiple stations athletes can attend. Today, I only went to two out of seven.

For the USA Games, it almost seems impossible to check every single athlete here. It'd be a miracle.

The two I attended were Opening Eyes and Health Promotion. My boss kinda insisted on the Opening Eyes, considering he saw me squinting last night at the laptop. I couldn't read the tiny numbers on each clip! Haha. I was going to go anyway, since it had been a couple years I last saw my optometrist.

The Health Promotion was an absolute blast. I think it would've been even better if I wasn't rudely pulled out of the location by this "nice lady." The reason she insisted I return to the registration is because my identification number was to someone else. That does somewhat make sense, considering they couldn't find my name attached to it in their database.

The next thing she did, and this was unnecessary, was take my Healthy Athlete passport, wrote my real ident number, and even wrote my name on the pledge raffle. I wasn't even going to enter it. The whole situation was unnecessary. Both places I went to, I told them in advance to look up my name instead of the number.

It's all good. I'm fine. I don't hold a grudge... most of the time.

The last thing scheduled today was the closing ceremony. I didn't even pay attention when certain people took down the Special Olympics flag and blew out the flame. I was having too much fun with my fellow athletes. I think half the time a good friend and I talked about Power Rangers, and this was after I saw the Mighty Morphin' lightning bolt tattoed on his calf. Awesome! I totally look forward to getting a tattoo. Even my boss has one - maybe two.

Speaking of my boss, he interviewed a lot of our athletes there. I managed to convince my Power Ranger bud to talk about Brandon, and also flash bomb the next interview. Then I flash bombed the next interview, but louder and more aware. If Brandon didn't notice, he certainly will when he checks his footage. HAHA! My Ranger bud and I could not stop laughing.

This week in Seattle is definitely unforgettable. I don't want to forget anything. I had so much fun. I wish we had more time, so we could sightsee all the places we - I - wanted to go. Oh, well. Maybe that can be my next plane trip with my mom. Haha.

Tune in tomorrow on my blogger page (Hopefollows) to see if I bring up a hilarious story with the golf team that happened during breakfast Friday morning.

(Note to my blogger followers: If you're not aware why I said that, it's because all my blogs this week is also posted on SOMO's blog page.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog