Pay It Forward Weekend

For the Pay It Forward weekend, I helped out my three people. I had a lot of fun.

It was downtown. I had taken my hour exercise to walk to a new store we have in town, Lucky's Market. I had intended of taking out ten dollars for my laundry card. But on my way, I saw those two elderly men I always see when I walk downtown. I noticed a red leather glove a few yards away from them, so I put eight dollars in it. I didn't tell them, but I do hope some random person finds the money.

On my way home, I slipped a dollar in a local theater money tray. Not a movie theater, mind you, but a stage theater. This is my favorite stage theater in the whole town, by the way, and more popular than the MU stage theater. So I figured whoever works that day can get it, or whoever spots it from the sidewalk they are walking on.

And finally, I encouraged a birthday buddy get the confidence to walk downtown alone. He said it scared him to do it without someone. He actually tried to get me to join him, but I wanted to get home after walking around downtown for an hour. I told him that he could do it, go to Sparky's and get free ice cream for his birthday - as long as the ice cream parlor was open. I wasn't sure and couldn't remember. I told him to "be bold!" as Maurice would say, from the movie Ever After: A Cinderella Story.

In the basement, I gave a friend one dollar to help out his laundry card. He told me he wouldn't be able to pay back. Something about not getting money any time soon. I said it was fine, as long as he paid it forward.

Now, with wavering confidence, I do hope these people pay it forward. I encourage you to do the same. ;)
Happy Pay It Forward weekend!
And remember, it doesn't have to be just for the weekend. Do it every day. Let people know that they matter.


P.s. to those who want to contribute Pay It Forward whenever they want: If you want those three people to contribute as well, or you want them to know they've been chosen for those Utopian act, here is a link where you can print sheets. I first found out about it years after watching the movie. The movie became so popular and famous that people are actually doing the trend. So do please help out. Make the world a better place.
Everything You Need To Know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog