Leadership Conference

Friday and Saturday, there was a leadership conference hosted by Special Olympics Missouri. The woman in charge, Diane Brimer, asked me a month ahead of time to give some speeches during the awards luncheon. I would have done it if I didn't have to miss work. Last week, though, she told me the real reason she wanted me to go.
I was nominated for Outstanding Athlete. ^_^ I immediately asked my boss to let me have the day off. I had so much fun at the conference. I even made some new friends. I did a great job giving those scripted speeches. And to top it off, the girl had a difficult time reading my name as the winner for Outstanding Athlete. Yay!
While I walked on stage, I had wished my family was there to see it. Wish granted! I heard someone shout "way to go, Allison!" The man presenting all the awards came to me and asked if I recognized the people holding single letter posters spelling my name. O_O
I'll tell you one thing. I am a bit pissed. My family knew for more than a week that I won. It just goes to show that my family really can lie to me. So who knows what other lies they've told me? I'll try my best not to let it bother me, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog