Columbia Missouri Novelists Critique Group

We had another monthly meeting today. And I finally was able to go. I missed the last two meetings, out of laziness and soreness. The Saturday of last month's meeting - I had a swim meet in Special Olympics.

Today's meeting, three authors/writers were able to get critique about their books. I am among them. The particular book I shared for critique is called "Carlina's Culture." I certainly got a lot of help. At times, I felt like screaming, because they pointed so many things that I apparently need to change. Geez! When I wrote this book, I wanted to aim it for kids. I guess I wasn't thinking about everything during the thinking process. With the critique I got today, it certainly looks like I'm gonna end up re-writing the entire book. What a shame, too. At the time I finished writing it, I thought Carlina's Culture seemed like a really good book. I didn't realize I left out so much until now.

We even talked about expanding our group. I don't know when, but we're gonna have a Facebook "like" page. I find that very cool. Liz Schulte and Jamie Strawn want more local authors and writers to join our group. We want to help those who are trying to publish and even after they're published. Whether writers/authors self-publish or use publishing houses, everyone in this group is there to help you in every aspect. That's why I love being in this group. I'm always learning something to help me with my books and getting published. Heck, I'm even learning some marketing tips; other than - you know - word of mouth, amazon, and pretty much all the social sites.
So if you live in Columbia, Missouri, our next meeting is June 9th, 3pm, at the Daniel Boon Regional Library.
Here's our group page, should you want to join. Columbia Missouri Novelists

Comments

Popular posts from this blog