Nancy Drew Challenge

For the past few months, I have been challenging myself with the Nancy Drew pc games. I always try to play Nancy Drew at least once a month. This year, I got bored and wanted a little variety. I don't remember how it came to me; it must have happened while Her Interactive was doing the "like/share" competition of which game is the best. You can find that here.

That must have been it. Because that was around the time I started the challenge. What is this challenge, you ask? Well, let me explain.

Since my Windows 8 won't play any of the games before #10, Secret at Shadow Ranch, I can only play games 10 through the latest. I didn't play #16, The White Wolf of Icicle Creek; even after the Wii game they made, I've never been fond of the game. (I do like Freddie and the bird-watching woman, though.) Anyways, I decided to watch movies that have either the same location, topic, aspects/elements, or a combination.

For instance, before I played The Haunting of Castle Malloy, I chose to watch Pixar's Brave. Why? Because Brave has red heads, family-oriented, and is set in Ireland. Even though there are plenty of Scotsmen who played some of the roles - Billy Connolly and Craig Ferguson.

Some of the games I had difficulty choosing a film. I don't have every movie, after all. I actually couldn't find a suitable movie for Secret Of The Old Clock until I finished the previous game, #11. At first, it was going to be The Rocketeer. But then I realized that movie would work best with the next game Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. Doing that, though, a movie had to be chosen for #12 - Old Clock. So I chose a random movie from the Bonita Granville collection of Nancy Drew - The Hidden Staircase, and oddly enough, it was a perfect choice. The Hidden Staircase is based on a book of the exact name. And since Her Interactive bases their games on Nancy Drew books, The Hidden Staircase was among the list Old Clock is based off.

May 8th, yesterday, I finished playing Trail Of The Twister; instead of the perfectly titled Twister, which I had recorded years ago on a TBS Dinner And A Movie night, I used Fantastic Four. (The elements in Fantastic Four was that it was Doom's technology. And he became the villain. That might spoil things for you a bit in the Twister pc game.)

Last night, I finished watching Scooby Doo! Abracadabra-Doo, covering the next game. Which is Shadow At The Water's Edge. The movie may not be set in Japan, but the mechanics the villain uses is much like how the villain did it in Water's Edge. (For it being a scary game, Her Interactive used the acronym SAW. Lol.) I am looking forward to playing the game today; as well as choosing the next movie for The Captive Curse. Ooo, I think I already have an idea. ^_^

I had already played this game and watched the movie months ago. But when I realized a new game was coming out, I decided to start it over from the beginning. Here I am, coming full circle to the game I started the challenge with. Yesterday, I was notified that my pre-order is already in the process of shipping to me. I'm on 23 out of the 30, that includes the 25th anniversary game, so I need to pick up the pace. :) Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog