One of Those *Special* Days

I do realize you're noticing the same thing as I am. I've been talking about Special Olympics pretty much at the beginning of each month. I am trying to make it so that I blog about SOMO towards the middle or end of the month, but something just manages to happen at the beginning that makes things so exciting.

Yesterday, a local news reporter - a newly employed one, I assume, because she doesn't have a Facebook page attached to her name yet. I think she's still an MU student, but again, I could be wrong. Anyways, she messaged me on Facebook because my swim coach recommended me to be interviewed. ^_^ (By the way, my coach knows I need help with my speeches side of the homework. Because of the interview today, I'm down to three speeches - and I need them done by this Friday. Yikes!)

Three hours later...

That was intense! She was all over the place. Swim practice was cancelled due to the snow/ice. When she discovered this, she had to contact someone at her base. She still managed to interview me, one other athlete in Special Olympics Missouri, took photos of me and my athlete friend, took photos and videos of my PC monitor presenting footage of both my YouTube channels and SOMO's channel, and captured a photo of Grandma Telle's Olympic Lanes bowling trophy.

She immediately realized what time it was. The reporter had a deadline, and the footage needed to be edited down for the 9pm and 10pm airing, CST. I'm psyched! I wonder how much she'll use. ^_^

2/5/18 Update

The Executive Producers pulled the plug on her story unfortunately. They did this after they told her to switch stories. It still ticks me off they think the restaurant business side of the Super Bowl is more important than Special Olympics. I understand, though; current events are better than future events. Oh, well. Let's hope they will still let her story go up... eventually.

4/26/18 Update

I thought that news channels saved everything on a back up of some sort. In case something fails, they have a second or third story to present. A few days ago, I contacted her once more to see if I could have a copy of the footage, either edited or uncut. She answered today and replied nothing was edited because of the last minute switch to the Super Bowl coverage. The raw video has since then been deleted as well. Well, that is unfortunate. At least it's still a confirm for my ALPs U homework.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog